Tuesday 7 April 2009

Guess Who's Back? Back Again?



So here it is the proper single from Relapse with a video we've come to expect from Slim Shady. Here's my opinion for what it's worth- Eminem has three types of flows, three voices and therefore three distinct types of song.

He's angry, hard-done-by white trash (Lose Yourself/ White America/ Mosh/ Stan). In medium mode he's calm, thoughtful and self aware (Hailie's Song/ Toy Soldiers). Then as on We Made You (plus Just Lose It, Without Me and Real Slim Shady) Marshall is funny, bitchy and often offensive.

I like Dre's production and particularly the chorus on this new song. I also find the lyrics mostly witty and of course they're a good excuse for the ridiculous video. The only problem is when he raps in this high pitched voice it sometimes turns into a whine. I've said this before but I can't wait to hear Relapse which will hopefully be returning to the form of The Eminem Show and Marshall Mathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment