Wednesday 14 April 2010

You Wanted A Hit?


LCD Soundsystem's third album This Is Happening is now streaming at their official website.

HEAR THE ALBUM HERE

I've had it a while now and it's DEFINITELY one of the best records of 2010 so far. I'm not sure it's as good as Sound Of Silver- but I genuinely believe that LP is a masterpiece.

Stand out tracks for me are opener Dance Yrself Clean(look out for the collosall drop after about 3 mins), Pow Pow which reminds me of Us Vs Them on SoS and the Bowie-a-like All I Want.

Hit is one of the best tracks i've heard in ages though. Over 9 minutes it morphs from a gentle bubbling synth riff to include screeching guitars, smart-ass lyrics and James Murphy's strongest chorus yet.

"You wanted a hit- well that's not what we do."

No comments:

Post a Comment