Tuesday 15 June 2010

EXCLUSIVE | M.I.A Vs Diplo


Got some unexpected tweets from Diplo after mentioning a song from the new album. I got very excited as you can imagine. Loved his production on Arular, his remixes and that excellent Fabric mix he did a few years ago.

Anyway after a few messages I found out him and M.I.A have had a massive falling out. This is our conversation...

ME: That track Muscle is amazing. Big up @diplo 's production.

DIPLO: Whoa did the record leak?

ME: I heard it at @xlrecordings Love Muscle. She seemed surprised you had heard the finished album though, during my @mtvuk interview!

DIPLO: yes she is surprised, but i got as many crew at interscope... she didnt want to put any of my records on it like last time :(

ME: Muscle was the best thing I heard on the album. Nice dub Sandanista vibe. She did use the word 'warring' in relation to you and her.

DIPLO: Awe thats sweet

ME: Asked by me about Muscle (during the int') she didn't mention you but said: "if you’re going to do it anything interesting with the vocal BlaqStar was the guy. He’s the inventor of chopping you up to death vocally. He can make music out of anything."

DIPLO: She (m.i.a) will do anything to discredit me + throw a lil blaqstar in there (an artist she stole from MadDecent) for extra punch

No comments:

Post a Comment