Thursday 7 October 2010

I Interviewed Magnetic Man



And there's an extract below FULL ARTICLE AT THE DAY JOB HERE

How does it work in the studio?

Benga: It’s mix and match, we don’t have a way of making music we just do it. We spent two months together in one studio in Cornwall.

Skream: The rule is we’ve all gotta agree on each track, if one person doesn’t agree it’s out.

What was Cornwall like?

Artwork: Mental

B: I wasn’t allowed out cos I’m black. They let me down there but I wasn’t allowed out of the studio.

How did you decide how the album would sound?

A: We just had a rule- that it would just be good music. We were lucky with the record label (Sony/ Colombia). When we signed to them, they’d seen the live show and told us to ‘keep doing what you’re doing and we’ll worry about the rest’.

No comments:

Post a Comment