Sunday 22 March 2009

Best Albums Of The Noughties

Presume Pitchfork et al will produce their 'Best records of the noughties' lists at the end of '09. But its been troubling me recently so I wanted to get it down.... This is my 20. At least till I wake up one night this week having a panic attack that i've missed one out.

Amy Winehouse- Back To Black
Gorillaz- Demon Days
M.I.A- Arular
M.I.A- Kala
The Streets- Original Pirate Material
The Streets- A Grand Don’t Come For Free
Radiohead- Kid A
The Strokes- Is This It
Kanye West- Late Registration
Daft Punk- Discovery
The Beastie Boys- To The 5 Boroughs
Eminem- The Marshall Mathers LP
N.E.R.D- In Search Of…
Broken Social Scene- Broken Social Scene
Outkast- Speakerboxxx/ The Love Below
Jay-Z- Blueprint
Gnarls Barkley- St Elsewhere
Justin Timberlake- Justified
The White Stripes- Elephant
Arcade Fire- Neon Bible

Honourable mentions: Hot Chip- The Warning, Cornershop- Handcream For A Generation, Gwen Stefani- L.A.M.B, Jay Z- The Black Album, Common- Electric Circus, Wu Tang- The W, Dizzee Rascal- Boy/ Maths, Outkast- Stankonia, Basement Jaxx- Rooty, Lily Allen- Its Not Me, It’s You.

Any of which would have made my (pretty populist) run down much cooler. But you can’t leave Justin out, right?

1 comment: