Thursday 26 March 2009

The Streets Beats

You'll know how highly I rate Mike Skinner from THIS BLOG. I couldn't decide between his first two albums so put both in.

I was dissapointed with both The Hardest Way and Everything Is Borrowed for (many) reasons I won't go into now. He'd set a fucking high standard to live up to with those earlier albums and influenced a slew of rappers, indie bands and certain female singer songwriters.

His blog- which has recently migrated from Myspace- and his twitter are both entertaining. On there for the past few weeks he's released a DJ mix each Thursday. The latest includes a new track by The Streets called In The Middle. It could be a taster from Mike's fifth album which will be his last as The Streets. Although of course it may not even appear on there.
The track doesn't blow me away but if nothing else the mix features Skream's impecible mix of La Roux and a cool cover of the Chem's Star Guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment